Monday, February 9, 2009

Tacos

So i recently I have been glancing around and have been looking for any kinds of foods that impact our society greatly whether we know it or not. After a few days of going about my normal day to day routines and working, something dawned in my head; Happy Hour. Everywhere i go seems to have some kind of happy hour and is promoting it, whether the place is mexican food, italian, american, you name it. It might be because of the economy or it might just be because it is a good idea, who knows, but the point I am trying to get across is that Tacos are everywhere now. They have become a phenomenon and I don't think that anyone realizes it. They are so universal that they are made at peoples homes for dinner, grilled for big sporting events, at bars and restruants for meals or for happy hour and there are various taco stands you notice throughout the city. Tacos have become a culture shock. All races and nationalities eat tacos. I have thought about it and I can only come up with one reason; They are simple. The thing about Tacos is that all you need is a tortilla (flower or corn), some meat (any kind) and maybe some cheese, guacamole and salsa if thats your thing. It is so easy and tastes so good. They are also creepers when it comes to filling you up because they sure do even though they might not appear to be filling. 
 They are also an economy friendly food. Businesses sell them for cheap with some sort of drink, usually beer, and people want to come buy them because they are price friendly and delicious. It is a win for both the producer and the consumer. I have been seeing more and more businesses starting to do happy hour and tacos are usually the header on it, and i am not just talking about mexican restruants, I am talking about all sorts of places. I like it though, They are tasty and easy to make and very suitable. It is also nice becuase they are so fast to make if you are on-the-go and you need something quick. I guess if you look at it in a very honest way, Tacos are dominating because they are so suitable for us in all aspects.
Like i was saying previously, at events for activities, or fiestas, or sporting event congregations or even just hanging out and making food, tacos are always their. I went to 3 Superbowl parties, including mine, and tacos with carne asada and chicken were the premier food at all places, and everyone was bragging about how delicious and ambrosial the tacos were, and I must admit, so was I. Furthermore, tacos bring everyone together. They are fun to grill and you get to chat with people and congregate. Tacos add this very serene atmosphere they people seem to enjoy.
Tacos have slowly become a big part of our society in terms of food. Whether you realize it or not they have just become so optimal that they are so accepted as a food.  It is quite shocking if you really can fathom how much they have become a part of our community. 

2 comments:

  1. Tacos are so good. I am actually craving one right now as I am leaving a comment on your blog. I totally agree on what you said about how tacos add serene atmosphere to our hang outs. My old high school friends and I usually go to Albert Tacos and just fill our stomaches with at least 3 to 4 tacos. It is cheap as well and easy to eat. As you mentioned, it is incredible how such a simple recipe can bring such a taste to our mouth. I enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything in this blog is so true. There are three main fast food places that came to mind. My all time favorite would have to be taco tuesdays at Del Taco, its rival Taco Bell, and Jack in the Box, which has two for a dollar. But your right tacos ARE everywhere. I also related to the homemade taco aspect of the blog too. My aunt makes the best food ever. My favorite of is her tacos with homemade salsa. You picked a really good topic to blog about, and that everyone can relate to.

    -Kristian Villalovos

    ReplyDelete